1694Re: [bmw e28] 1986 535i electrical issue and will not start.

  • second-shot
    Aug 17, 2003
      New battery, good connections. Everything works but sunroof and
      windows. Mainly lookin for best order to solve no starting problem
      first. I felt like squirting a little petrol into the intake to see
      if it would start that way. Then perhaps I would see that it is fuel
      related if it does start...Sound reasonable...???

      --- In bmwe28@..., marc dickerson <maddog_07_60@y...>
      wrote:
      > remove the rotocap on the distributorhave someone look
      > to see if the inside of the roto moveingwhen you crank
      > the engine if it doesn't move could be timing chain or
      > check your postive cable on your battery might not be
      > to tight or corroded and my need to replace it
      > --- second-shot <golfpro@m...> wrote:
      > > I just bought a 535i for 300 bucks. Car looks
      > > excellent outside,
      > > inside good. I had to put new battery in for
      > > electrical check up. No
      > > power windows, and no sunroof.
      > > Motor turns over but this 535i will not start.
      > > Maybe out of gas.{lol} Did not hear fuel pump engage
      > > on ignition
      > > position 1 so that was curious. Anyway I am aware of
      > > the possible
      > > number of trial and errors ahead but will someone
      > > give me a first do
      > > list for best and most cost effective procedures.
      > > This car was driven
      > > daily for many years, then one morning it simply
      > > would not start and
      > > has been sitting for 18 months. All help is
      > > tremendously appreciated.
      > > I have been told to thoroughly clean the gas tank or
      > > replace it
      > > first!!

      > http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic