      From: Dutch man [mailto:renshawraven9@...]
      Sent: 15 November 2003 03:28
      To: bmwe28@...
      Subject: [bmw e28] cat purs////!!

      ok.. i have a 83 528e, i have replaced the catylic convert. twice so
      far and after a month of driving the car, it burns out (i open it up at
      mienkie (i know i know) and the honey comb stuff was like straight black
      and falling out, it was getting in my tail pipe and putting back
      pressure on engine...

      i know when it's burnt up casue i can here the stuff in the cat rattling
      around (pur.. hehe j/k)

      what could cause this.. after i first boaght the car (i had jsut turned
      16 i know i know i am stupid @ss) i ran off road and puched hoels all
      along the cat and exaust

      had to get whole thing replaced, so cheapest way to go was a universal
      POS kit...

      well there u ahve it,, what could be burning up my pos cat in a
      month????

      and what risk am i running from just taking it off and cleaning it out,
      and putting it bck on????

      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/info/terms.html