      From: Dutch man [mailto:renshawraven9@...]
      Sent: 15 November 2003 17:04
      To: bmwe28@...
      Subject: RE: [bmw e28] cat purs////!!

      a bypass pipe, ok tell me some pros and cons about it... will the cat
      still be under my car?? soa bypass pipe would be liek straigh tpiping
      it right? i live in NC usa how ilegal is it and easy is it to get
      caught (besides annuel emissions test..)

      and about how much the bypass cost??

      Michael Burns <fat_lip@...> wrote:
      Hi,

      What fuel are you running, it sounds like the mixture/fuel is causing
      this. The cat should definitely not foul so quick. Are you using fuel
      additives or anything?

      If I were you, I'd get the mixture checked, also, I'd just use a cat
      bypass pipe and replace it come testing time... that makes quite a
      difference to economy and performance (the last part is the important
      part ;)