1971clutch pedal return spring

  • Doug Dykaar
    20 Nov 12:59
      After R&R on the clutch master, I discovered that I didn't get the clutch
      pedal return spring back in properly. I made this discovery when the spring
      assembly spontaneously disassembled and the pieces fell on my feet while I
      was driving.

      I broke the rod end that holds the assembly together. Without it, the pedal
      feels about the same, although it doesn't quite return to to the full up
      position.

      The manual lists two types of spring, a generic return spring, and the
      monster machine-spring assembly that I have (had).

      Is this thing useful? the clutch pedal sure was hard to push without that
      manly spring in there...

      TIA.

      -doug
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic