      From: "Ben Broke-Smith" <astonmartinv8@...>
      To: <bmwe28@...>
      Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 11:47 PM
      Subject: Re: [bmw e28] Difference between eta 528 BMW and 528 BMW

      > Lav,
      >
      > Basically, the 528e has a TOTALLY different engine to the 528i, you can't
      convert. Well, you can, but it would be a totally uneconomical exercise and
      far cheaper to just go and buy a 528e.

      > If you're in the US I suspect you have an e anyway, since the 528i was
      never sold there. What is the redline at on your tach? If it's low, it's an
      ETA engine, if it's around 6k (maybe a little lower, I can't remember and my
      525i with the same engine as the 528i, just smaller, is at the mechanic's
      tonight!) then it's an "i".

      PMlav2k11@...@...

      > Hi,
      >
      > I own a 528 BMW car and i intend to convert it into "eta 528 BMW" as
      > i was told that "eta 528 BMW" has better fuel efficiency and high
      > torque.I would like to know the difference between "eta 528 BMW"
      > and "528 BMW" Engine.
      >
      > Please do help in this regard,
      >
      > Regards,
      > Lav

      > <http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/info/terms.html> .
      >
      > The Bmw 528i has the bigger block engine which ranged in size from 2.8
      > litres to 3.5 litres this is a high revving engine developing max power
      at
      > 5800rpm, the BMW 528e (eta) has the smaller block engine ranging from 2
      > litres to 2.7 litres this was a low revving engine developing max power
      at
      > 4250rpm this was never a popular engine in a BMW and only lastest a
      couple
      > of years this engine was also used in the three series.
      > -- from john macdonald architectural illustrator
      > email- johnmacdon@...
      > web-www.users.bigpond.com/johnmacdon/
      > phone 9949 6397
      > fax 9948 6284