2144Re: [bmw e28] radiator temp switches and electrical probs

  • Duncan Garden
    Jan 31, 2004
      I have the same overheating problem. I have a 1983 520i and I think it could be the viscous coupling that needs replacing but i havnt got around to changing it.

      Anybody else who has knowledge on this?

      john macdonald <johnmacdon@...> wrote:
      I had a problem with the temp going up in traffic, you can get a lot of
      dirt and debris caught between the air con radiator and the radiator it
      self
      On Saturday, January 31, 2004, at 04:15 PM, abgueco2001 wrote:

      > each time i'm in a traffic i always notice my temp guage going up, so
      > i suspect the switches on the radiators were worn out, i already
      > ordered some but they're still not available. so i jumpered the low
      > fan wires to get it running. problem is on my fuse box, the fuse
      > holder for the auxillary fan seems to be melting. the odd thing is
      > the fuse still werks but the holder's a meting plastic literally.
      > anybody who has the same problem? help.

      <image.tiff>

      Haste makes waste

      Waste makes worry