2154Re: Headlamp wipers

  • goldsoul2003
    Feb 1, 2004
      The headlamp wipers & washers are actually powered up by a loom that
      takes its power from a connecter on the back of the r/h headlamp
      unit. When you put your jetwash on as normal, the headlamp wipers
      will come on automatically with your main wipers but only if you have
      your lights on (to save screenwash). I have 3 motors in my washer
      tank. one of the front ones is exclusively for the front jets and the
      fluid does come from the main tank. The relay that is mounted on the
      washer tank acts as the timer for the motors & jets. I have recently
      fitted the full set to my car as well as the heated washer jets. When
      I got the motors they were both siezed but i stripped, cleaned & re-
      greased the spindles & they are as good as new.

      --- In bmwe28@..., smerph_smerph <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Basic questions - when should my headlamp wipers work?
      > Presumeably only when the lights are on?
      > Which fuse controls them?
      > Does the washer fluid come from the main reservoir or is there a
      > second one?
      >
      > (No I don't have the car's handbook!)
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic