2157Re: [bmw e28] radiator temp switches and electrical probs

  • abgueco2001
    Feb 1, 2004
      sure men i'll try to find a product like that. oh, i'm not from the
      UK by the way i'm from the philippines. and i doubt it if it's
      available here. letter was lenghty but it's still is INFO, it works
      however it may be.

      thanks

      --- In bmwe28@..., steve <s.a@s...> wrote:
      > I have had small electrical faults due to corrosion at
      connections and
      > even corrosion on the onboard commp. circuit board rendering it
      useless. I
      > tried a product from work called ACF-50, I figured a couple drops
      on the
      > circuit board can't hurt seeing as it had white powder all over, I
      was
      > expecting to scrap it. (hasn't worked since I bought the car 4
      months
      > earlier.)
      > When I put the computer back in, it worked! Not a word of a lie-a
      couple
      > drops was all I did-nothing else! It has been just over 1 year and
      not a
      > problem whatsoever. I have since used it on every connection I can
      find.
      > We use this product on our waterbombing aircraft which see salt-
      water duty
      > from time to time. Aluminum + salt = practically instant
      corrosion! I have
      > never seen the immediate effect at work like I did on my 535i.
      > The product meets military specs and is described as "kills
      corrosion on
      > contact, prevents and deactivates corrosion". I have used similar
      products
      > but not with the same results. The name on the can says : Lear
      Chemical,
      > Mississsauga, Ontario 1-800-256-2548. I have no idea if it's
      available in
      > UK. I can try to give more info if anyone wants. I'm sure there
      are similar
      > products, but in my 15 years of working with western Canadian
      sea/float
      > planes and amphibious aircraft, nothing I have tried comes close.
      > Unfortunately, I am not affiliated with the company. But my
      supply is
      > getting low in case any one who is affiliated with them is reading
      this!
      > I'm not sure if Wurth makes a similar product, but every Wurth
      product I
      > have tried on cars and aircraft- has out-performed it's common
      North
      > American equivalent, especially that Rost-off(used for rear
      subframe bushing
      > removal, exhaust nuts,etc).
      > Sorry about the length of this but I have realized that there are
      many
      > people with electrical/corrosion issues. Try this stuff-I know it
      will work!
      > Good Luck,
      > Steve

      Service.