      From: abgueco2001
      To: bmwe28@...
      Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 3:47 AM
      Subject: Re: [bmw e28] rims and wheels question

      Ben,

      i'm from the philippines and fyi not too many options here are
      available. i just got those rims from a friend so cheap that i
      wouldn't want to,refuse it coz i might regret it later on. anyways,
      it was nice to take an advice learning about the 9 inche, was
      pushing it.

      --- In bmwe28@..., "Ben Broke-Smith"
      <astonmartinv8@h...> wrote:
      > I'd get some proper wheels that are designed originally to fit the
      car, especially since they're BBS rims since BBS do a whole lot of
      options that fit our cars.

      > You'll have difficulties with the offset, and 9 inches wide is
      pushing it for our cars.

      > Where abouts in the world are you? If you're in the UK then take a
      look on ebay, tons of stuff always coming and going on there, loads
      of wheels I want but can't afford. :)

      > Cheers,
      >
      > Ben

      damn
      > do they look great, that's why i was elated to put on bigger
      > magwheels. can anybody give me an advice which offset best fit?
      > bought a set 17 inch bbs magwheels, sad thing is those things
      where
      > originally from toyota. i was thinking of taking them to a
      machine
      > shop and have them fit my car? is that good? another problem is
      that
      > the front wheel's 8 inches thick and the rear's 9, leaving me no
      > choice but to put 235 for the front and 255 for the rear. will
      it do
      > me any good if i use some spacers?

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Service.