      From: "Dutch man" <renshawraven9@...>
      To: <bmwe28@...>
      Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 5:22 PM
      Subject: Re: [bmw e28] '86 528e lifter noise?

      so if the valves are clicking u can adjust them to make them stop? or are
      you being sarcastic and am i being dumb>?

      dave ruiz <daveruiz50@...> wrote:Why don't you adjust the valves!!
      SOP on 528e!

      If you plant poison ivy, you won't harvest strawberries. - William Stephens
      When I die, I want to die like my grandfather-- who died peacefully in
      his sleep.
      Not screaming like all the passengers in his car."
      --Author Unknown
      >From: "VMEBarry" Reply-To: bmwe28@... To: Subject: Re: [bmw
      >e28] '86 528e lifter noise? Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 11:00:06 -0800
      >
      >Thanks for the tip, I will check the wires, but it sounds like lifter
      >noise.
      >
      >Barry ----- Original Message ----- From: allan gueco To:
      >bmwe28@... Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 3:59 AM Subject:
      >Re: [bmw e28] '86 528e lifter noise?
      >

      > sometimes ticking noises are coming from the injectors or it could also
      >be a loose high tension wire to the spark plugs. thanks for sharing.
      >
      > Barry Mercer wrote:Thanks for the welcome to your group!
      >
      > My sisters father in law, gave her dauter his '86 528e, and I went to
      >check it out for her this afternoon. The car is in very good shape
      >overal, but has lots of ticking noise coming from what sounds like the
      >number two lifter. I know nothing about the valve train on this car, and
      >can't even guess what it cost to fix a collapsed lifter, if that is what
      >it is. What kind of valve set up is it, other than what I already know,
      >that it is an overhead valve operation?
      >
      > I appreciate anything that you can give me on this, and Thank you in
      >advance!
      >
      > VME Barry VP of the Vintage Motorcycle Enthusiasts of Seattle.

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      >Service.

      http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/info/terms.html
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic