2265Re: [bmw e28] '86 528e lifter noise?

  • dave ruiz
    Mar 9, 2004
      Sorry if I seemed sarcastic, but it is an single overhead camshaft with
      adjustable rocker arms. There are no lifters. When you pick up your book,
      you will find the procedure along with the adjusting clearance. It is an
      easy job. Don't forget to pick up a valve cover gasket and the four rubber
      camshaft plugs which will need to be replaced when you remove the valve
      cover. I was just getting frustrated with all the suggestions that danced
      around the heart of the problem without helping you. -Dave Ruiz

      If you plant poison ivy, you won't harvest strawberries. - William Stephens
      When I die, I want to die like my grandfather-- who died peacefully in
      his sleep.
      Not screaming like all the passengers in his car."
      --Author Unknown
      >From: Dutch man Reply-To: bmwe28@... To:
      >bmwe28@... Subject: Re: [bmw e28] '86 528e lifter noise?
      >Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 17:22:43 -0800 (PST)
      >
      >so if the valves are clicking u can adjust them to make them stop? or are
      >you being sarcastic and am i being dumb>?
      >
      >dave ruiz wrote:Why don't you adjust the valves!! SOP on 528e!
      >

      >If you plant poison ivy, you won't harvest strawberries. - William Stephens
      >When I die, I want to die like my grandfather-- who died peacefully in his
      >sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." --Author Unknown
      > >From: "VMEBarry" Reply-To: bmwe28@... To: Subject: Re: [bmw
      > >e28] '86 528e lifter noise? Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 11:00:06 -0800 >
      > >Thanks for the tip, I will check the wires, but it sounds like lifter
      > >noise. > >Barry ----- Original Message ----- From: allan gueco To:
      > >bmwe28@... Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 3:59 AM
      >Subject: >Re: [bmw e28] '86 528e lifter noise? > > > sometimes ticking
      >noises are coming from the injectors or it could also >be a loose high
      >tension wire to the spark plugs. thanks for sharing. > > Barry Mercer
      >wrote:Thanks for the welcome to your group! > > My sisters father in law,
      >gave her dauter his '86 528e, and I went to >check it out for her this
      >afternoon. The car is in very good shape >overal, but has lots of ticking
      >noise coming from what sounds like the >number two lifter. I know
      >nothing about the valve train on this car, and >can't even guess what it
      >cost to fix a collapsed lifter, if that is what >it is. What kind of
      >valve set up is it, other than what I already know, >that it is an
      >overhead valve operation? > > I appreciate anything that you can give me
      >on this, and Thank you in >advance! > > VME Barry VP of the Vintage
      >Motorcycle Enthusiasts of Seattle. > > > > To unsubscribe from this
      >group, send an email to: >bmwe28-unsubscribe@... > > > > >
      >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor > > --------------------------------- Yahoo!
      >Groups Links > > To visit your group on the web, go to:
      > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. > >

      >you�re looking for faster.

      >Yahoo! Groups Links
      >
      >To visit your group on the web, go to:

      >http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/info/terms.html

      Create a Job Alert on MSN Careers and enter for a chance to win $1000!
      http://msn.careerbuilder.com/promo/kaday.htm?siteid=CBMSN_1K&sc_extcmp=JS_JASweep_MSNHotm2
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic