      From: Doug Dykaar [mailto:dykaar@...]
      Sent: 22 April 2004 21:09
      To: Bmw@Digest. Net; Bmwe28@Yahoogroups. Co. Uk
      Subject: [bmw e28] <e28> clutch pedal return spring

      I managed to break the clutch pedal return spring on reinstallation of
      the
      clutch master. I now have a little dead zone in the clutch pedal, i.e. I
      can
      lift up on the pedal. I put in another return spring, but it didn't
      change
      the rest position of the pedal.

      Is the dead zone the result of an incomplete clutch bleed? Bad Karma?
      Any
      body driving without the return spring? I always thought the pedal
      effort
      was ridiculous.

      TIA.

      -doug