2359RE: [bmw e28] clutch noise

  • bryan eagle
    Apr 27, 2004
      That sounds like the pressure plate could be failing. I had an occasional
      whirring/ ringing noise when I would hard clutch while stopping suddenly. My
      pressure plate had slowly been coming apart allowing the throw out bearing
      to come out farther then intended. Eventually, all of the tines of the
      pressure plate would've broken off, making my car undriveable. The
      throw-out was still good. My advice, replace everything with a performance
      clutch kit!

      Hope this helps...

      Bryan Eagle
      Terry Sayther Automotive
      1606 Fortview rd.
      Austin, TX 78704
      www.terrysaytherauto.com

      >From: "Doug Dykaar" <dykaar@...>
      >To: "Bmw@Digest. Net" <bmw@...>,"Bmwe28@Yahoogroups. Co. Uk"
      ><bmwe28@...>
      >Subject: [bmw e28] <e28> clutch noise
      >Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 15:22:32 -0400
      >
      >On an 85 e28 535i. In neutral, slight (to full) pressure on clutch pedal
      >and
      >I hear a whining noise that has gotten a lot louder in the last day. Is it
      >failing throw out bearing? The car has 137Kmi, and as far I know, the
      >original clutch.
      >
      >ACK!
      >
      >TIA
      >-doug