      From: bryan eagle
      To: bmwe28@...
      Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 10:08 PM
      Subject: RE: [bmw e28] <e28> clutch noise

      That sounds like the pressure plate could be failing. I had an occasional
      whirring/ ringing noise when I would hard clutch while stopping suddenly. My
      pressure plate had slowly been coming apart allowing the throw out bearing
      to come out farther then intended. Eventually, all of the tines of the
      pressure plate would've broken off, making my car undriveable. The
      throw-out was still good. My advice, replace everything with a performance
      clutch kit!

      Hope this helps...

      Bryan Eagle
      Terry Sayther Automotive