      From: bmwe28@...
      Date: 05/12/04 00:26:58
      To: bmwe28@...
      Subject: Re: [bmw e28] Speedometer Problems

      I have an 85 535i, and yesterday when I went to leave for work, the stereo
      would not come on, and the speedo was not working. I checked the fuses
      under the hood, and the radio fuse was popped. I replaced it, and the
      stereo came on, and the speedo worked. The second I hit the brakes, the
      stereo died, and no speedo. Fuse popped again. I messed with the bulb
      housing for the tail lights, replaced the fuse again, and now everything is
      working beautifully. Hope this helps...
      Matt
      Ashland, OR
      scottmaxey1982 <scottmaxey1982@...> wrote:
      I have a 1986 535i, that I have had for about a year. The radio has
      always had problems. It will turn off and come back on at various
      times. Sometimes very often, sometimes nothing happens for a month.
      I have replaced the radio. The only thin I noticed is when the radio
      goes off, the Break Light Check Comes on. So the other day, The
      break light check came on, the radio stopped, and my Speedometer
      stopped working. The break light check has not gone off, the
      radio/Cd player won't work, and I don't know how fast I am going.
      The RPMs work. Does anyone have any ideas about what could be going
      on? I would really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.
      Scott
      86 535i
      Oregon