2387Re: [bmw e28] Metal Brake and Fuel line size(s)

  • iain@535se.co.uk
    May 13, 2004
      Doug,

      A popular option is to replace your Brake lines with Copper, which can
      normally be bought off the shelf and is a standard size. I am not sure what
      the diameters are for the Fuel lines and I suspect that getting something
      suitable in stainless is going to be very expensive.

      There is a firm in the UK called automec (www.automec.co.uk) who sell brake
      line kits for most cars. A set suitable for a 535 would be around £50
      sterling so I guess around $90 - 95US.

      Iain

      "Doug Dykaar" <ddykaar@...> wrote:

      > List,
      >
      > I was told I need to replace all the metal lines that run front to rear on
      > my 85 e28 535 due to corrosion. The outsides of the tubes all look pretty
      > crappy.
      >
      > Can someone tell me the ID/OD of the lines? My panzer mechanic yelled at me
      > for touching them, last time the car was on the lift.
      >
      > I'm thinking of replacing all the tubes with stainless. Any opinions?
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Doug

      > http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/info/terms.html

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic