2407Re: [bmw e28] thought i';d share a product i found

  • iain@535se.co.uk
    May 19, 2004
      I'm with Doug on this one, there are loads of so called friction eliminators
      on the market (Motor Up, ZX1, Asta 3000), all of which make siginificant
      claims, some of which may be accurate, but at the end of the day if they were
      that good they would be in all new cars and manufaturers would put it in as
      part of a service, but they don't.

      I guess if it works for you and your happy then why not, but I wouldn't put it
      in my engine.

      Iain

      "Doug Dykaar" <ddykaar@...> wrote:

      > Matt,
      >
      > Be afraid, be very afraid. If you're lucky, not much damage may have occured
      > to date. Typically "friction reducers" contain sulphur which increases wear,
      > or at best acts as oil thickening agent.
      >
      > If multi-national chemical companies with PhD research staffs don't put in,
      > chances are it doesn't work in the long run. I seem to remember some
      > webpages that debunk these sorts of products.
      >
      > YMMV,
      >
      > -d
      >
      > hey, my name is matt, i proudly own a 1983 528e (i love the boat)
      > it;s an awesome car, it has a rebuilt engine with only about 95k on it, and
      > small perf. upgrades (intake ect.)
      > anyway, i found this stuff called friction free 3000. appearently its an oil
      > additive that helps everything be Luvricated ALL THE TIME inside the
      > engine.. pretty cool conspet i suppose..
      >
      > i put a bottle of it in last time i changed the oil, and at fist, i never
      > saw a dif, but after about 300 miles, WOW, My engine got REAL peppy all of a
      > sudden, and plus it helps my gas MIleage out ALOT.
      > my car is running faster then it ever did, it;s awesome, i love taking it
      > to autocross (yeh touring style babY! lol) it's a real fun car, anyway, i
      > liked this product and just wanted to share with other.. if u wanted to take
      > a look at it, the link where i ordered from is below.
      >
      > www.karenv.com
      > then to the left, at top, click automotive, then the big picture bottle of
      > friction free 3000.
      >
      > a mechanic friend of mine told me about this product, said it really helps
      > out the engine life, i don't, take a look for yourself, and tell me what u
      > think -Matt

      > http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/info/terms.html

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic