2460a/c starts out cold, then heats up
- Jun 14, 2004I have a 1986 528e.
What would cause the air conditioning to work fine for about 15
minutes or so, then start heating up slowly?
This occurs under the following conditions:
* Air vents closed (no outside air leaking in).
* Temp switch set to coldest (rotated CCW).
* A/C fan speed set to medium or high (2 or 3).
* Outside temp above 90 deg F. (It doesn't seem to act up until the
outside temp is hot).
* Inside air vent (vent above radio) temp starts out at 42 deg F,
then slowly works its way up to maybe 55 deg F.
What I did so far:
* Replaced the expansion valve on the evaporator.
The low & high side pressure readings seem ok (20 or so psi low
side, and 225 high side. The compressor seems ok, since it cycles
off at around 335 psi when the engine revs up. All the gage readings
appear to be normal.
The heater control valve is working fine.
I heard that the evaporator temp sensor on the earlier models could
cause icing under certain conditions (Bentley). One parts supplier
mentioned the possibility of a bad temp regulator.
- Next post in topic >>