2527Re: [bmw e28] Re: Batteries in dash behind the odometer...

  • Joel Trevino Gonzalez
    Jul 8, 2004
      Thanks for the info. especially the part numbers as a Radio Shack is just down the street from me.

      Joel

      sheetfar <sheetfar@...> wrote:
      There are two AA rechargeable batteries. You need the type with
      solder lugs on the ends. Several possibilities are:

      What I used:
      Panasonic # P-80AAS (Ni-Cd 800mAh/1.2v KR-15/51)

      Another possibility:
      Radio Shack # 23-191
      1.25V/600mAH Ni-Cd Battery w/Tabs

      The batteries control the service interval lights (green/yellow/red)
      that tell you when to change the oil, etc.

      If you want to read a bunch more about it, look at
      www.unofficialbmw.com/repair_faqs/sil.html

      --- In bmwe28@..., "purplehead2002"