2551Re: [bmw e28] Re: Tail light fault

  • Ed MacVaugh
    Jul 16, 2004
      Is the fault "rear lights" or "brake lights"

      If it is "brake lights", it is supposed to remain illuminated until you
      depress the brake pedal the first time to allow it to check the lamp
      filaments, and then it should go out. Is it working this way?

      If it is rear lights, does it come on only when the light switch is
      operated, or all the time?

      Ed

      icebreaker991966 wrote:

      > --- In bmwe28@..., "Ben Gifford" <bimmerben@c...> wrote:
      > > Hi all,
      > > I've been battling with this darn taillight fault circuit since I
      > got the car 6 months ago. At start up I get a CHECK light for the
      > taillights. I've replaced both taillight housings, all bulbs and
      > sockets and the control box that is mounted in the trunk. Is there
      > something else I'm missing? Perhaps a grounding point I've overlooked?
      > > Thanks,
      > > Ben

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > Service <http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/info/terms.html>.