      From: purplehead2002 [mailto:purplehead2002@...]
      Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2004 4:46 PM
      To: bmwe28@...
      Subject: [bmw e28] Batteries behind center instrument panel.

      If anyone knows out there. Did B.M.W. do away with the batteries(they
      control the odometer, speedometer, and mpg economy
      gauge) behind the instrument panel on a certain production year onwards of
      the e28? I own an 83---->528e with these batteries. I came across a 535i
      that is an 85 year model. It has the same layout on the instruments and
      such except that no batteries were part of it's circuit board assembly.
      Like I said, "All is the same and will hook up the same but no recharchable
      batteries are part of the electrical panel on this 1985 car.

      Thank you,

      Joel T. Gonzalez
      San Antonio, TEXAS.
      (83) 528e