2621Re: [bmw e28] A few questions from a Proud New BMW oner

  • Ron Kall
    Aug 3, 2004
      to newbie,

      gas smell - get used to it.

      get a dash cover - 30 usd and looks nice to cover the
      cracks

      owners manual - buy the bentley and forget the owners
      manual

      front struts - i did my front struts / springs / and
      mounts. i bought them online - boge struts / bmw
      springs / oem mounts - world of difference. you will
      need a spring compressor to get the struts off the
      springs. no big deal, just be careful and use two or
      three compressors, or stop by the dealer. bmw of
      beverly hills offered to squeeze my springs for me at
      no charge.

      instrument panel - don't sweat the little stuff. your
      car should run cool if all is well. check the fan
      coupling thing and change the fluid with bmw blue
      coolant. should run cool and not to worry. you'll know
      if it's hot.

      Ron Kall

      1986 528e
      1985 535i