2693Re: QUICK QUESTIONS.....

  • yonkyjonah
    Aug 12, 2004
      rpipoet84 wrote:

      CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN AN ALPINA E28 AND A M5
      E28?
      ALSO WHERE COULD I FIND THE AERO BUMPERS? FRONT AND BACK. I THINK
      THEY LOOK BETTER THAN THE AMERICAN VERSION. ANYWHERE ON THE
      WEB WHERE THEY SELL THEM?

      The major difference between the Alpina and M5 is the engine.

      (The following power figures apply to European cars)

      The Alpina E28 uses a tuned version of the 218bhp 3.5lt m30 engine as
      fitted to the 535i/m535i. In Alpina guise this produces 245bhp for
      the B9 version and 260bhp for the B10.
      The 286bhp E28 M5 engine has a similar bottom end to the m30 engine
      but the top end is totally different having 24 valves.

      I take it you mean 'Euro' bumpers not 'Aero'?

      On the subject of aesthetics, I like (some) front spoilers on e28's
      but I'm with Craig on the bodykits......
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic