2758Re: Paint for the wheels

  • Ron Kall
    Aug 29, 2004
      Has anyone painted their wheels. My OEM wheel is
      great. It was the spare. I made the mistake when I
      bought the car new in 1986 of spending $1,200.00 for
      chrome wheels. I later found out that BMW of Riverside
      takes the stock wheels down the street to a chrome
      shop and gets them plated. The chrome started peeling
      after five years or so. So bad that the tires would
      not hold air. I bought three OEM wheels at the
      junkyard, but one is in bad shape. A little paint
      would help. What color and where to buy such paint to
      fix up my wayward wheel. I would prefer brushing and
      not spraying since I do not plan to take the tire off
      the wheel. Any advice.

      --- griffinaffelsauce <griffinaffelsauce@...>
      wrote:

      > how long will yours last?
      > 300k?
      >
      > my odometer stopped working at 214,668 but it easily
      > has 226k
      >
      > -griffin
      > 87 535is

      =====