2767RE: [bmw e28] whose e28 has got the most miles?

  • Ron Adams
    Aug 29, 2004
      Hi I've got 230K miles on my 1985 524td, the engine has never been opened. My other car, a 1986 524td, has 193,000 miles with an unopened engine.

      Ron Adams

      David Brown <sailandbail@...> wrote:
      I'm running with 254,000 us miles and still running strong on a unopened engine.I have faith that I can reach 300,000 with out to much trouble. We have done a compression check and all seems to be well with even compression across the board. Has anybody reached 500,000 miles? by the way, my only problems at this milage is I need new exhaust and a rear seal on my tranny. I will also be replacing some of the rear bushings which are causing some high speed vibrations otherwise the car is in excellent health.
      David Brown 535i 1985

      "Ian R. Campbell" <i_r_c@...> wrote:
      Wouldn't this be whose e28 still has a working
      odometer?

      - Ian R. Campbell

      --- Ron Kall <ronjkall@...> wrote:

      > Blake,
      >
      > well done. My motor's never been touched as well.
      > Only
      > valve adjustments, cap, and rotor for the engine. I
      > just swithced to synthetic oil, 20W50 Castrol. I
      > plan
      > to run out to 10k before oil and filter change. I
      > used
      > to use 20W50 whatever and change it every 4k or so.
      >

      > --- Blake Nancarrow <blaken@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > On August 29, 2004 4:38 PM, Ron Kall wrote:
      > > > 259.8k
      > > > 1986 528e
      > >
      > > I just broke 550 000 kilometres about a month ago.
      > > 1984
      > > 528e, original motor, unopened!
      > >
      > > cheers,
      > > Blake