      From: Matt Meade
      To: bmwe28@...
      Sent: Sunday, August 29, 2004 7:18 PM
      Subject: RE: [bmw e28] whose e28 has got the most miles?

      I have 204,000 miles on my 85 535i, and it is still very fast. It needs front end bushings, and the driver seat needs some work (it is slanted, weird). Other then that, a really fun car to drive.
      Matt Meade
      Ashland, OR

      David Brown <sailandbail@...> wrote:
      I'm running with 254,000 us miles and still running strong on a unopened engine.I have faith that I can reach 300,000 with out to much trouble. We have done a compression check and all seems to be well with even compression across the board. Has anybody reached 500,000 miles? by the way, my only problems at this milage is I need new exhaust and a rear seal on my tranny. I will also be replacing some of the rear bushings which are causing some high speed vibrations otherwise the car is in excellent health.
      David Brown 535i 1985

      "Ian R. Campbell" <i_r_c@...> wrote:
      Wouldn't this be whose e28 still has a working
      odometer?

      - Ian R. Campbell

      --- Ron Kall <ronjkall@...> wrote:

      > Blake,
      >
      > well done. My motor's never been touched as well.
      > Only
      > valve adjustments, cap, and rotor for the engine. I
      > just swithced to synthetic oil, 20W50 Castrol. I
      > plan
      > to run out to 10k before oil and filter change. I
      > used
      > to use 20W50 whatever and change it every 4k or so.
      >

      > --- Blake Nancarrow <blaken@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > On August 29, 2004 4:38 PM, Ron Kall wrote:
      > > > 259.8k
      > > > 1986 528e
      > >
      > > I just broke 550 000 kilometres about a month ago.
      > > 1984
      > > 528e, original motor, unopened!
      > >
      > > cheers,
      > > Blake