2787Re: [bmw e28] Re: E28 Front Brake Uneven Pad Wear

  • iain@535se.co.uk
    Aug 31, 2004
      This sounds like it could be a failing master cylinder, with output to your
      n/s caliper being greater than to your o/s one (asuming that your car is LHD)
      I can't recommend a definative test, but I would keep an eye on the wear of
      your pads and consider replacing the master cylinder if the uneaven wear
      continues. The cost of a master cylinder over here in the UK is around about
      £65.00 so ~$100, I guess.

      Just a thought but do you mean that the pads on either side of your rotor are
      wearing different or pads on either side of your car?

      If its either side of your rotor then you have a sticking piston in the
      caliper that can usually be worked free with a lubricating spray....or caliper
      replaced with a reconditioned one for about £45.00 ~ $80.

      Iain