2793Re: [bmw e28] Re: Paint on the bottom of the car?

  • Ed MacVaugh
    Aug 31, 2004
      I know you think you want a brush on material, but the best for that
      purpose is Wurth brand stone chip spray which is exactly what was on the
      car originally. Local auto parts and home improvement stores here in the
      US sell masking supplies that are a strip of masking tape with a foot of
      plastic along with the tape. Makes each side of the car under an hour
      job. With that product, surface prep is simply a scrub down with bug and
      tar remover and wax and silicone remover (also from the auto parts
      store) to ensure adhesion.

      Ed

      Ron Kall wrote:

      > Has anyone tried to repaint the black band at the
      > bottom of the body running from the front wheel well
      > to the back wheel well. My color is Alpine White and
      > the black is very faded and almost gone in some
      > sections. I would like to use something from a can
      > with a brush so as to skip the masking issues of a
      > spray can. Also surface prep issues?
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic