2820Re: new member

  • samooey
    Sep 5, 2004
      Hi again sorry i havent replied sooner, ive already taken the
      cylinder head off the block, the piston rings and cylinder walls
      appear to be fine as were the valve stem oil seals! i suppose they
      could be worn, when the car was running there was a lot of blue smoke
      at high revs, ive replaced all the seals and have started putting it
      all back together, should be finished by tomorrow, i wish i read your
      message sooner it would of proberly saved me a lot of work! as im
      having doubts wether she`ll start!!

      --- In bmwe28@..., "getepaid" <getepaid@y...> wrote:
      > go to your local junkyard and pick up a new engine. its your best
      bet.
      > then rebuild it top to bottom, replacing the worn parts and renewing
      > all the gaskets. try 1mm thick head gasket as the head is probably
      warped
      > Zac
      > 1988 528e
      > 1975 2002 auto