2879Doug's intermittent no start update - Final (I hope)

  • Doug Dykaar
    Oct 3, 2004
      I had at the rest of the electrical start path yesterday. After cleaning up
      the ignition switch contacts, I cleaned the battery terminals. As pointed
      out by various listers the myriad of add-ons at the positive terminal were
      pretty dirty, but not too bad at the actual electrical contact area. I took
      the opportunity to flip the cinch bolt so they wouldn't be sticking out from
      under the cover.

      Then I moved on to the solenoid wires - and the wire for the engagement
      connection (from the ignition) fell off in my hand. DOH! It had a bit of
      surface corrosion and was WAY loose. What a ridiculous contact scheme for
      that circuit. Should be a bolt-on. I cleaned it up, pried the squeeze strip
      inside the connector so its tight on the solenoid spade, and hopefully I'm
      good to go.

      Thanks to all who took the time to help me out. On to the rusty bits...

      Regards,

      Doug