2882Re: [bmw e28] bumper restoration questions

  • iain@535se.co.uk
    Oct 4, 2004
      I thought the bumpers were chromed steel & not aluminium?

      If they are Aluminium they can be restored using fine wet/dry abraisive paper
      & then polished with a mild cutting compound & polisher.

      If chromed steel, then re-chroming is really the only option for that
      "perfect" look.

      Not sure about the bumper shocks, I guess you could repace them with new, but
      sanding & repainting will certainly be cheaper....also availability of new
      parts could be an issue.

      Iain