2936Re: [bmw e28] no start (grrr then humming)

  • Joel T. Gonzalez
    Oct 15, 2004
      Funny, that happened to me also consciously knowing that I was on a very low reserve as I had driven the car and parked it on an inclined surface with the rear of the car being on the low side of the incline. When I came back within an hour, the car just did not start after it had been working fine.
      Logic kicked in and told me that the even though I had some reserve, the small auxiliary pump was not suctioning up any gas. I added two gallons of gasoline and it started within a couple of seconds.

      Joel T. Gonzalez
      San Antonio, TX.
      (83) B.M.W. 528e

      griffinaffelsauce <griffinaffelsauce@...> wrote:

      when i came out of work this after and attempted to start the car it
      did not start, instead it made a "grrrz" sound followed by of a
      whirring sound, similiar to a pump. i tried again and the sounds
      were made and not start after a minute i tried again and it started
      it up fine. i was very close to empty and parked on a slight incline
      but i am worried this may be a warning of things to come.
      so what do you think? low gas or symptom of larger problem?