2942Re: [bmw e28] '86 528e auto/surging

  • Barry Mercer
    Oct 16, 2004
      I'm game for learing anything Paul. If you want to right it all
      down, you might as well post it here, so anyone else can learn
      something also. You might start another thread for it, so it will be
      easy to search for in the future, and everyone will know what you are
      talking about.

      Thanks Again!
      VME Barry

      --- In bmwe28@..., "Steve Austin" <steveaustin1@h...>
      wrote:
      > Barry
      >
      > If you're going to replace the transfer pump I've just been
      throught that
      > and used the "Vega fix". Saves a decent bit of dosh. If you need
      any help,
      > be glad to share my experiences.
      >
      > --Paul
      >
      > >From: "Barry Mercer" <vmebarry@h...>
      > >To: bmwe28@...
      > >Subject: Re: [bmw e28] '86 528e auto/surging
      > >Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 15:48:59 -0000
      > >

      > >Wow, That about covers it I guess!
      > >
      > >Both Paul and Joel had very sound advice.
      > >Thank you!
      > >
      > >I have been meaning to check the main grounds, as my AC blew a fuse
      > >last summer. I have also been meaning to repalce all the fuses, and
      > >sand the turmanals. I will check the pumps also, may just replace
      > >the one in the tank, as I supose it is a pain to get to, and if I'm
      > >in there to check it anyway, might as well start out fresh.
      > >
      > >I don't think I will go as far as getting a new car though, as the
      > >car is a very nice town car, and performance is not what I am
      looking
      > >for for my 16 year old daughter. She is high mantinance enough!
      > >
      > >Thanks again
      > >
      > >Best Regards,
      > >Barry Mercer
      > >

      > >--- In bmwe28@..., "Steve Austin" <steveaustin1@h...>
      > >wrote:
      > > > I would look at the following: Run a dose of fuel injector
      cleaner
      > >through
      > > > fuel tank (Redline SI 1 is good). Change out fuel filter, check
      > >for vacuum
      > > > leaks, check O-rings on fuel injectors, check fuel pipes, check
      > >fuel fuse
      > > > and relay are OK and correctly seated (I had a poor contact on
      > >fuse which
      > > > had similar effect for me), clean all electrical grounds
      > >with "detoxit"
      > > > (particularly engine ground, ground under rear seat, and ground
      > >under
      > > > steering wheel. Check fuel pressure regulator valve. Check
      main
      > >and in
      > > > tank transfer fuel pumps. Check fuel injectors for clogging.
      Check
      > >Airflow
      > > > meter for metal vein binding. Check position of TPS on throttle
      > >body.
      > > >
      > > > Thats about it. If you still have problem - get another car!
      > > >
      > > > --Paul

      > >have a

      > >well.
      > >and
      > >runs

      > >valve,

      > > > Use MSN Messenger to send music and pics to your friends
      > > > http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

      > It's fast, it's easy and it's free. Get MSN Messenger today!
      > http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic