      From: bmwe28@...
      Date: Sunday, October 31, 2004 05:20:16 PM
      To: Bmw@Digest. Net; Bmwe28@Yahoogroups. Co. Uk
      Subject: [bmw e28] Bilstein/spring question

      My e28 535 has been banging the rear suspension over big bumps and banging
      over small bumps with payload. I have Bilstein Sports and H&R springs. The
      rears are claimed to be progressive, 170-230#. The bottom 4 coils are
      collapsed and I was told that's to act as a tender spring. The shock has a
      series of rings to adjust the perch and its already at the top (5 from the
      bottom), at least near as I can tell, as I can't see past the collapsed
      coils to see what be hiding in there.

      Comments? Anybody got the same setup?

      Regards,

      Doug