3024Re: [bmw e28] I think i killed my motor

  • Greg Epps
    4 Nov 09:53
      Hmm...when was the last time you changed the oil?

      I did this when I was in High school to my Ford Festiva...didn't
      change the oil for about a year. One day the whole thing just seized
      up. Wouldn't start back up, but sounded like it wanted to... Long
      story short. Grit scored the head pretty bad, so that had to be filed
      down (wouldn't recommend that route with a performance car). Broke
      the timing gear off the end of the cam, so that had to be replaced.
      But hey, I was a 16 y.o. kid with NO experience working on cars, and I
      fixed it all myself.

      What I'm saying is, yes, you probably toasted it. But it's probably fixable...

      On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 17:46:06 -0000, icebreaker991966
      <rodney.oliver@...> wrote:

      > Hi all, i would like some feedback regarding my 1985 528e. I was
      > driving my car heading into Boston, I was in the tunnel, and all
      > sudden my car got loud, and started bucking. i was nervous, because
      > I knew that this was serious. It stopped and wouldn't start. it was
      > smoking, i opened the hood and found that the smoke was coming from
      > the oil resivoir, i pulled my dipstick and it was bone dry. someone
      > please tell me that it isn't toast. I put 3qts of oil in it hoping
      > that it would start. my friend came and tried to start the car, but
      > no luck, he sounded like it wanted to start, but didn't. he said
      > that i might need a new starter. give it to me straight i think i
      > can handle it thanks.

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Greg Epps
      greg.epps@...