3038Re: [bmw e28] metric wheels!?

  • Ron Kall
    5 Nov 13:10
      buy a set of four at the salvage yard, they are 14
      inch wheels, the ones that came standard on the 528e's
      in the USA. Bavarian Auto in Sacramento sold me mine
      for under $50.00 each with a Michelin X radial that I
      ran for another 15k miles, good deal. The tire size
      that you buy then is 195/70 R 14.

      --- Alex Soduk <asoduk@...> wrote:

      > hey guys...new to the board and the BMW world but
      > somehow a 86 535i
      > has come into my life and I am learning about 390mm
      > wheels. they are
      > WAY too expensive and I figure buying used set of
      > normal sized wheels
      > and tires will be about the same price as just a set
      > of 390s. They
      > would certainly pay themselves off in 2 sets of
      > tires anyways. So, I
      > am wondering what wheels fit the car. I see that on
      > ebay there are a
      > ton of BMW wheels for very good prices(compared to
      > the porsche wheels
      > i am used to buying). were there other bmw cars that
      > used the same or
      > compatible offset/width? perhaps an aftermarket
      > wheel to look for?
      > i'm tempted to try fitting a wheel from the 328 that
      > i also somehow
      > have becoem close to jsut to see... experiences???
      > Alex

      =====
      Ron Kall
      Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730