3045Re: [bmw e28] buying a 97 or 98 528i automatic

  • gary edmonds
    7 Nov 01:37
      Hi Rob,

      Bought my first E28 a 528i auto and she's been great.
      Chose carefully, if it looks good and drives well,
      you'll have a reliable friend. As with all cars of
      this age, anything can happen! Mine has only done
      117,000 miles and apart from the major inspection 2
      service ($500 US) has cost nothing to run in the last
      6 months. Go ahead and enjoy!

      --- versa73guy <versa73guy@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------

      Hi, I'm in process of buying my first BMW and have
      noticed quite a
      few mechanical problems or gliches with them. I'm
      looking at 97's
      and 98's. I was told to ask about the: radiator, fuel
      pump, water
      pump, shocks..anything else in paticular? Also, what
      would be a good
      guesstimation on annual repair/maintenence costs?

      Thanks for your time!
      Rob in Minneapolis, MN

      Terms of Service.