      From: versa73guy
      To: bmwe28@...
      Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 3:07 PM
      Subject: [bmw e28] To buy or not to buy

      Hi, I'm thinking about buying a 97 528i (has cold weather pkg) with
      144,000 miles on it. The car is in excellent condition from what I
      can tell of in the pictures and the private owner says he hasn't had
      any mechanical issues in the two years he's owned it and he needs to
      sell it because he's going back to his country for an extended time
      frame and doesn't want the car sitting here in the US, also, the
      cash will help his expenses. He's asking $8500 US and he's a four
      hour drive from me.

      Anything I should know about a high mileage bmw before I buy it?
      Opinions are welcome too. I have 6 pics that the seller emailed me
      too.

      Thanks, Rob