3106Re: [bmw e28] Sensor

  • Craig
    Nov 21, 2004
      Check the connections first off, you may have some corrosion or loose fittings. The coolant sensors go bad, if the coolant level is correct and if the light doesn't come on if you jumper the two wires at the sensor then the coolant level sensor is bad. As far as the brake sensors once the circuit is damaged you will always get a check until you replace the sensor on the brake pads. They sometimes come loose and wear prematurely. I've never experienced any problems with the oil level sensor so can only say to check the connections.

      Craig

      ken@... wrote:
      On my 528e I keep getting false reading on the warning panel for oil and
      coolent and the break sensor in dash area keeps saying I need to replace
      brakes - When I check everything is ok -

      Can these be replaced or disabled?