3134Re: [bmw e28] Main Instrument Cluster

  • Gerald Paul
    24 Nov 20:46
      Brian,
      Thanks for reply. I haven't popped out the batteries,
      but will and see if there is corrosion. Do you know if
      I should use some sort of lubricant on the
      odometer? Looking the back of the cluster, there are 2
      big colored connections on the left and one colored
      the right side. There is a connection for the light on
      the left side and a blade type connection on the left.
      In the empty space under the dash are several blade
      type connectors. Which one is the right one?
      Theres a blue with a single wire, white with a single
      wire and another blue with 3 wires. There may be more.
      Hate to trash the cluster.
      Jerry
      86 535i
      88 535is
      Armstrong" <barmstrong@...> wrote:

      > as a suggestion, pop out the cluster and check the
      > boards. they are
      > notorious for getting corroded from the rechargable
      > batteries
      > getting old and leaking. btw don't touch any of the
      > gears as they
      > are probably pretty brittle at this point. finding
      > replacements is
      > next to impossible.
      > --- In bmwe28@..., ken@k... wrote:
      > > Call Steve
      > >

      > > After I spent a bunch of money trying the simple
      > fixes I sent mine
      > to him
      > > and it was only a couple hundred dollars and has
      > worked perfectly
      > since
      > >

      > > <http://www.dashusa.com/> http://www.dashusa.com/
      > >

      > > (248) 475 9019