3141Re: Inner CV Boots

  • Ron Kall
    29 Nov 09:22
      Happy Post Thanksgiving Monday to all,

      Has anyone changed out the inner CV boot on the rear
      passenger side. I hear that that side is easier than
      the other. It looks clear, but I have a few questions:

      1. Can you use those cheap two boots and not pull the
      axle out? Are the sizes standard?

      2. I read the Benteley on pulling the axle. I am a
      little confused on pressing something onto the shaft?
      Do you need a puller to do this? It looked like all
      you need is a hex bit and a socket wrench?

      3. Should I change the outer as well as the inner as
      long as I am at it? Are they the same part number.
      They look a little different in size on the rubber
      bellows.

      Is this an easy DIY job? It seems a little tough?
      Advice as well as how quick to take care of this?

      thanks again,
      ---

      =====
      Ron Kall