3160Re: Brake Warning Light...?

  • iltriotto
    Dec 9, 2004
      I actually had a very similar problem, and just recently fixed it.
      In my case, it turned out that the metal contacts on the bulb socket
      had become calcified, and the metal wasn't contacting well. I
      cleaned the contacts off and made sure they were making good contact
      with the metal plate that distributes the electricity to the bulbs.

      Alternatively, I could have replaced the whole bulb socket. It's
      only a few dollars. Here's a picture of the part:

      http://bavauto.com/assets/product_images/hardpart/63211369270.jpg

      hope this helps.

      --- In bmwe28@..., "Chris Trevelyan" <ctrevelyan@t...>
      wrote:
      > From time to time, my brake warning light (on dash)
      flickers on and off - esp. when I've just started the car up, but
      also at times when I've been driving it for a while. The brakes work
      fine - I've put on new pads, sensors over the last six months. I
      recently had the brake fluid replaced as it hadn't been done in a
      while, but this didn't solve the problem. Any thoughts? Its an 86
      535i.

      > Take Care,
      > Christopher

      Service.