3213clutch-> Yee Hah!
- Dec 31, 2004Thanks to all who offered advice and encouragement.
I have successfully bled Mr. clutch.
- I jacked the car from the rear.
- I removed the car from the slave to orient the bleeder straight up.
- I used a vacuum generator (The wife doesn't do cars).
- I was careful to only bleed about an ounce of fluid at a time before
refilling the reservoir. The clutch master pickup is high up on the
reservoir so its easy to suck air.
- I used Dan Patzer's trick of 3 pumps of the pedal w/ the slave bolted in
loose, so the nuts are flush with the studs.
I ended up sucking a big-ass air bubble out of the system. There may be
magic involved, but this was so blatant even I could get the air out. Of
course, I put the air in there in the first place. 20+ years of bleeding
brakes, and I'd never done a clutch. I have now. Luckily its a balmy +8C
So now its great! new clutch, bronze shift bushings installed at the same
time, so the whole linkage is nice and tight.
- Next post in topic >>