3274Re: CV Boots cooked by Bosal Muffler?

  • Ron Kall
    Feb 7, 2005
      Just a note,

      I just replaced my right rear half shaft. I think the
      Bosal muffler cooked the inner CV boot. It was the
      only one of the four in the back that was ripped.
      Instead of reworking the half shaft and replacing both
      boots, cost $40.00 or so, I just bought a remaned half
      shaft at Kragen for $71.99 before the core charge. Six
      bolts on each side and down she comes. I did the job
      in the street on two rear jack stands. Give me a shout
      if anyone wants any further details.

      Ron

      =====
      Ron Kall