3281RE: [bmw e28] Bizzare running problem

  • griffin affelsauce
    Feb 14, 2005
      i sort of of had a similar poblem recently where it was running really rough
      and stalling with throttle application. my mechanic said it was getting too
      much gas and that fouled the spark plugs

      griffin
      87 535is

      >From: "stratguy16" <stratguy16@...>
      >To: bmwe28@...
      >Subject: [bmw e28] Bizzare running problem
      >Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:46:40 -0000
      >

      >I have an '87 535is with a weird running problem that occurs
      >intermitently. If i'm sitting at a light, it will run fine and then
      >suddenly start idling at 1500rpm (up from 700) and will try to stall
      >with throttle application( the more throttle, the faster the revs
      >drop). some people say it's leaning out to extremes, but that
      >doesn't explain the high idle. And if you turn it off it won't
      >restart. Anything would be helpful. Thanks.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic