3289RE: [bmw e28] Bizzare running problem

  • Ron Kall
    Feb 15, 2005
      easy and common - idle control valve - clean it first
      with gumout, if no luck, buy a new one. bentley has an
      electronic test procedure - sounds complex though. you
      are sure that you have no vacuum leaks? first probable
      cause, you know.

      --- griffin affelsauce <griffinaffelsauce@...>
      wrote:

      > i sort of of had a similar poblem recently where it
      > was running really rough
      > and stalling with throttle application. my mechanic
      > said it was getting too
      > much gas and that fouled the spark plugs
      >
      > griffin
      > 87 535is
      >
      > >From: "stratguy16" <stratguy16@...>
      > >To: bmwe28@...
      > >Subject: [bmw e28] Bizzare running problem
      > >Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:46:40 -0000
      > >

      > >I have an '87 535is with a weird running problem
      > that occurs
      > >intermitently. If i'm sitting at a light, it will
      > run fine and then
      > >suddenly start idling at 1500rpm (up from 700) and
      > will try to stall
      > >with throttle application( the more throttle, the
      > faster the revs
      > >drop). some people say it's leaning out to
      > extremes, but that
      > >doesn't explain the high idle. And if you turn it
      > off it won't
      > >restart. Anything would be helpful. Thanks.

      =====
      Ron Kall
      Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

      1986 528e