3310Re: [bmw e28] 528e muffler long shot

  • Ron Kall
    Feb 17, 2005
      hi all,

      this is a long shot, but does anyone still have the
      original muffler, cat back to the tailpipe in place.
      where does the heat shield go. my passenger side inner
      cv boot was cooked I think by the cheap Bosal
      replacement OEM? muffler. I just replaced the half
      shaft and I wire up the heat shield to the muffler
      with copper 10 guage wire just over the cv boot? I saw
      somewhere that the BMW original muffler had a place to
      screw in the heat shield. I ordered the heat shield
      when I ordered the Bosal online - price was good, but
      there was no place to mount the heat shield. thanks,

      =====
      Ron Kall
      Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

      1986 528e