3313Re: [bmw e28] 88 535is rough idle

  • andrew graham
    Feb 18, 2005
      i think the "rough idle" could be caused by a hole (leak) infront of the airflow sencer behind the silver looking air dam in the intake system..... (silver looking air dam -dont know real part name) that is the problem with my 87 535is right now......i just duck taped it for now....until i get a new one.... the new part costs $40 from dealer.... -andrew

      guydicesare2000 <guydicesare2000@...> wrote:
      Hey there. this is my first post. have 88 535is. ran very rough,
      stalls when stopping when it's hot and when AC is on. replaced idle
      air stabilizer, didn't work. mechanic did something to air intake
      that took 30 seconds, then told me it was a means to an end but
      wasn't "good" OR "right" any ideas re: a real solution ?(i.e. the
      correct fix?)alves, plugs, wires, cap, plugs are new and OEM.Any
      info would be appreciated. I've spent a RIDICULOUS amount of cash on
      this already. Also, anyone have a line on a new spoiler, new
      aluminum window moulding (at a reasonable price) and other parts?
      Thanks. Guy D