3356Re: [bmw e28] Brake light warning light?

  • Phil Davis
    Mar 1, 2005
      This is how the system works, it doesn't know if the
      brake lights work till you push the brake pedal to
      activate the brake lights. Use silver base Phillips
      brand bulbs, also some silicone bulb grease will keep
      the scokets in good shape and free of corrosion.
      Phil

      --- Ed MacVaugh <macvaugh@...> wrote:

      > Reading the manual, that is the way it is supposed
      > to work. The circuit
      > cannot check the bulbs until you press the pedal.
      >
      > Brass based bulbs can cause the intermittent light
      > illumination.
      >
      > Don't think the pop in the speakers is related.
      >
      > Ed
      >
      > Barry Mercer wrote:
      >

      > > I keep getting a brake light warning light when I
      > start my '86 528e
      > > US model. Then when I step on the brake it goes
      > out. I checked the
      > > grounds, and cleaned the front and rear ground. I
      > also made sure
      > > that the ground plate on the tail lights were both
      > properly
      > > grounded. One of the brake light sockets is
      > developing some
      > > electrical scaling on the contact on the ground
      > side, but after
      > > cleaning, and replacing the bulbs, it did not
      > change the warning
      > > light.
      >

      > --
      > Date: 2/25/2005