3360Re: [bmw e28] Brake light warning light?

  • Ron Adams
    Mar 2, 2005
      for some reason, I get the check engine oil light comes on my display when my brake pedal is pressed. Any ideas? also, my rear light indicator and brake light indicator come on, even though they both work. Any ideas?

      Ron

      Barry Mercer <vmebarry@...> wrote:

      Yes there is a check system, but it did not always light up when the
      car was
      turned on. It only pops when you hit a bump, or press the brake
      peddle. It
      has to be related to a short in the circuit somewhere. The radio,
      mileage
      computer and the glove box are on the same circut. The Speedo and
      the Tack
      will also take a dive when it shorts, so it is a short some where?
      It has
      not blown the fuse though. Perplexing as it may be, it may just be a
      bad
      brake light switch. I am going to pull the lower panel and check it
      next.

      Thanks for your ideas!
      Barry